After much pain in trying to start the install, I was finally able to get the install underway.
What was the problem ?
I have 4 disks (2x 9 and 2 x 18G) and the installer was not recognising the logical disk that I setup on the RAID array (2 x 8 as one, RAID1 or 0)
What was the "possible" solution ?
Apparently it is a common found problem with these MegaRAID adaptors.
Essentially I2O is a specification used in these RAID arrays.
Personally I don't care too much, I just need my server running.
Apparently, the i2o module (i2o_core) for linux loads up first and then the megaraid module can't find the disks when it loads.
A few people found ways around it by manually loading the modules in the right
order (RHE, Fedora).
My answer for Ubuntu 6.10 server:
I found a tip on the RHEL "release" notes for RHEL 5 beta 2.
It states: Change the megaraid mode from I2O to Mass Storage.
I did that .. (Ctrl-M when it pops up) and then went back through the install. No problem.
I can see my 9G and then also my 2 x 18G's.
Thanks Red Hat. (Sorry I left you at RE 4.2)