You'd think that generating an XML schema from a set of Java Classes would be a simple thing. But gee it is hard.
I have spent the better part of four hours and three coffees pouring over the inner workings of the JAXB 2 SchemaGenerator classes. Odd stuff this, I know I am close because I have it working for simple types, but I am trying to work out how I get it to handle a complex map of objects. Hrmm..
[[ Edit ]]
I did work it out in the end. It was horrid code, in that there was so much of it which I suspect means that I didn't have it right. (it does do what I needed it for though so, close that door).